Mission and Vision
Providing unique employment opportunities for adults with Intellectual/Developmental disabilities within local business communities
· Respectful, Person Centered Planning.
· Vocational (on the job) training at Heartstrings Businesses.
· Vocational placement in the community with appropriate support.
· Regular fitness training.
· Interactive recreational activities and volunteer opportunities.
Our Vision: Guiding Principles
We are family members, friends & educators of adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities who formed a Kansas Non-Profit Corporation 501c3. We have experienced first-hand the challenges of assisting adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities in acquiring and maintaining successful employment opportunities and healthy, enjoyable lifestyles.
· All clients will have choices in living options, employment and socialization.
· It is good for the community if there is interaction with or employment of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
· Practice kindness, encouragement and respect.
· Recognition of individuals strengths, talents and challenges.
· Advocacy for and education about people with intellectual/developmental disabilities.
· All people have skills and talents to share.
· People with intellectual/developmental disabilities can become valuable employees with appropriate training and support.
· All people benefit in an environment where people with intellectual/developmental disabilities are well trained and supported by team members.
Our Board is totally committed to the concept of fostering “circles of support” in the community for individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities.