What We Do
Heartstrings Community Foundation® is a unique Employment Service for adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities who desire an employment opportunity where community interaction is a significant portion of their day.
Individuals that participate in HCF’s Employment Services earn a wage based on their accomplishments.
The HCF® teams are experiencing transitions every 30-50 minutes for a 5 1/2 hour day. HCF also provides job coaching and follow along services. To contact HCF call Bunny Higgins or Rosanne Thiry at 913-649-5700.
Healthy lifestyle choices and volunteerism are important components.
- HCF® is a member of the Fitness Center at the Jewish Community Center and employees plan their workout schedules, often meeting friends who also have healthy living as a goal.
- Heartstrings employees also volunteer in the community, providing regular nursing home visits, meal delivery for Meals on Wheels, and rides for the public through the Catch-A-Ride program.
HCF® owns and operates five businesses; three unique Retail Stores, Custom Gift Baskets and Goody Delivery®.
The employees working in the retail stores support the store manager by greeting customers, telling customers about HCF®, merchandising product, keeping the store clean, and running the cash register and credit card machine.
- On My Own® — an upscale resale gifts and home accessories store. Learn More >
- Sacks on Sante Fe — an upscale resale boutique clothing store. Learn More >
- On My Own Too — a booth at an antique mall where resale gifts and home accessories are offered. Learn More>
Goody Delivery® is a mobile candy company providing high quality snacks to office complexes in the K.C. Metro area. Our employee’s package snacks, inventory and load sales carts, as well as sell on one of the Goody Delivery teams. Learn More >
Custom Gift Baskets
Custom Gift Baskets are “The Gift that Gives Twice.” Baskets can be small or large, themed, seasonal, and we offer a wide variety of local products. Your purchase also provides paid employment for adults with Intellectual/Development Disabilities in our Community. Learn More >